Maybe you are reading this because you are already a believer in the power of a thoughtful mantra. Maybe you have heard of a mantra before but aren't sure exactly what it means or how to use one. Maybe you just saw the title and said... what the hell!? Regardless of whether or not you have any experience with meditation, manifestation, or mantras, this is an article for you!
But wait, what the hell is a mantra anyway?
noun noun: mantra; plural noun: mantras 1. (originally in Hinduism and Buddhism) a word or sound repeated to aid concentration in meditation. a Vedic hymn.
2. a statement or slogan repeated frequently. "the environmental mantra that energy has for too long been too cheap"
Basically the idea is that if you want to change something in your life, you should start within! Repeated use of an empowering phrase absolutely CAN change the way you think and feel about your future!
To try out mantras yourself the easy way, choose one of these awesome quotes and recite them no fewer than 10 times a day! First thing in the morning or just before bed are great times to implement your mantra practice. Recite your mantra while looking in the mirror for an added confidence boost!
1. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined. ~Henry David Thoreau
2. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
3. With confidence, you have won before you have started. ~Marcus Garvey
4. Control your own destiny or someone else will. ~Jack Welch
5. Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Bernard M. Baruch
6. Courageous and determined. Faithful and fearless. That is who you are and who you always have been. ~Sheri L. Dew
7. Saying no is one of the most powerful things that I can do for myself. 8. The antidote to fear is action.
9. If you want to improve your self-worth, stop giving other people the calculator. ~Tim Fargo
10. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. ~William Morrow
Your new practice might be just enough to get the ball rolling on your newest goals and aspirations! Don't limit yourself to only performing verbal mantras to build confidence and manifest a more positive life! If self-love is one of your goals, take the next step by booking an empowering boudoir photo shoot with Bare Elegance! Your photographs will be a VISUAL mantra, reminding you of your unique beauty every single day! Click here to contact us and schedule your FREE phone consultation!
Mantras courtesy of doyouyoga.com